Terms & Conditions
ORGANIZER & SPONSORS OF THE “CREATE TOMORROW” CHALLENGE 2011
The “CREATE TOMORROW” CHALLENGE 2011 Contest (“Contest”) is organised by the Creators of Tomorrow, the Singapore Economic Development Board (“EDB”), and Ngee Ann Polytechnic (collectively referred to “Organisers”). The Contest sponsors are EDB and Airbus, Singapore Airlines Ltd and SIA Engineering Company Ltd (“Sponsors”).
The Contest begins on or about 6.00pm, Singapore Time on 15 Jul 2011 and is open until 11.59pm, 22 Aug 2011 (“Contest Period”). All Entries must be submitted and received within the Contest Period.
- Only students of Singapore Secondary Schools, Junior Colleges, Polytechnics, ITEs and Singapore-based Foreign Schools, aged between thirteen and nineteen years at the time of entry (“Participants”) are eligible.
- Participants must register under 1 of 2 categories; Junior team – students aged 13 to 16; Senior team – students aged 17 to 19. If a team comprises both Junior and Senior students, the team will be registered under the Senior category.
- Participants must form a team of 2 to 3 students only (“Team”). Individuals cannot enter the Contest.
CONTEST ENTRY AND SUBMISSION
By submitting a registration online as provided by these T&C, each Team and the Participants therein are deemed to have unconditionally agreed to comply with these T&C. Decisions of the Sponsors are final and binding in all respects. The Organisers, Sponsors and judges are not obliged to enter into any correspondence regarding any aspect of the Contest nor give any reason for or justify any of their decisions.
Each Team must submit its Entry on createChallenge.sg. Upon registration, Teams can submit their ideas via the submission page. Submitted ideas must be based on Science and Technology, and related to The “CREATE TOMORROW” CHALLENGE 2011 theme of Green Technology in Aviation.
LIMITED TO ONE (1) ENTRY PER TEAM
Multiple Entries after the first Entry from a Team are automatically void. All Entries become the sole property of the Sponsors and none will be returned. All details and particulars received by the Organisers and Sponsors must be true, accurate and complete. Any incorrect or incomplete information found in any Entry will automatically be disqualified.
The Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any Participant/Team they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these T&C or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
The Sponsors reserve the right to contact any Participant in order to verify the information provided in the Entry. The Sponsors reserve the right to require verification from potential winners. The Sponsors’ failure to enforce any provision of these T&C shall not constitute a waiver of any provision. The Sponsors reserve the right to refuse acceptance of any Entry without the need to furnish any explanation nor to entertain any queries by any Participant/Team. In the event of a query or dispute, the Sponsors’ decision shall be final.
The submission of an Entry by a Team:
- Automatically grants the Organisers, Sponsors and their respective agents the right in perpetuity to reproduce, publish, use, edit, adapt and/or modify such Entry, in any way, in any and all media, without limitation and without compensation to that Participant/Team;
- Constitutes that Participant’s/Team’s consent to assign and transfer irrevocably to the Sponsors any and all rights, title and interest in the Entry, without limitation, including all copyrights;
- Is deemed a representation and warranty by that Participant/Team to the Organisers and Sponsors that Entry does not contain any unauthorized third party confidential/proprietary information nor does it contravene nor infringe any third party intellectual property rights and that Participant/Team, by submitting that Entry, irrevocably agrees to indemnify the Organisers and/or any Sponsors against any kind of claim, suit or proceeding, whether in Singapore or elsewhere, by any third party, for any alleged or actual infringement of that third party’s intellectual property right and/or unauthorized use of that third party’s confidential or proprietary information by that Participant/Team, arising from or in connection with that Entry submitted by that Participant/Team for the Contest.
Each Entry including any intellectual property rights and proprietary information therein remain the sole property of the Participant/Team who submitted that Entry. By participating in the Contest and to the fullest extent under applicable laws, each Participant/Team waives the benefit of any provision of law known as “moral rights” or any similar or analogous law or decision in any country of the world, and represents and warrants to the Organisers and Sponsors that his/her/its submission does not contain any unauthorized third party confidential or proprietary information.
Personal information submitted while participating in the Contest will be used only to contact potential winners. Such personal information will not be used for any other purpose. Personal information means any information that may be used to identify the individual making the entry including, but not limited to, a first and last name, an email address, a home, postal or other physical address, other contact information, a title, a birth date, such individual’s gender, occupation or industry, or other information needed to meet the obligations of the Contest.
CONTEST JUDGING & SHORTLISTING
All eligible Entries received within the Contest Period will be judged by a panel comprising the Organisers, EDB, SIA and/or special guest judges to be determined at the Sponsors’ sole discretion (collectively referred to as “Panel”).
8 Teams from the Junior category and 8 Teams from the Senior category will be shortlisted by the Panel and posted online on 29 Aug 2011 at createChallenge.sg.
The 16 shortlisted Teams will produce a short video clip for the Panel to view. They will be judged during the Final event on 30 Sep 2011.
In the event of non-compliance by any shortlisted Team/Participant of any T&C, or if any shortlisted Team is unable to present at The “CREATE TOMORROW” CHALLENGE 2011 Finale as a full team (as registered under these T&C), the Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify that Team, and select an alternate Team to present at The “CREATE TOMORROW” CHALLENGE 2011 Finale. All decisions by the Panel shall be final. Strictly no communications in any mode/correspondences/disputes on the Panel’s decision will be entertained.
- Winners will be announced on The “CREATE TOMORROW” CHALLENGE 2011 after 30 Sep 2011.
- The winning Team from each category will be announced on 30 Sep 2011 at The “CREATE TOMORROW” CHALLENGE 2011 Finale and published on createChallenge.sg after 30 Sep 2011.
- Each winning Team from the Junior category and Senior category (“Winners”) will win an all-expenses paid trip for the winning team and a teacher to Airbus’ facility in Toulouse, France, and an experiential journey to SIA Engineering Company’s hangar facility in Singapore. Your team will be flying to Paris with Singapore Airlines!
- Only 1 teacher per winning Team will be invited for the trip.
All prizes (including without limitation any airfare, meals, accommodation) are:
- Subject to prize sponsors’ terms and conditions (including without limitation validity periods imposed by the prize sponsors) and to all applicable taxes (whether local or otherwise) and/or foreign duties (if any). Such taxes and foreign duties are the sole responsibility of the Winners; non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash, credit or any benefit in kind; and
- Not inclusive of insurance, visa arrangements and other expenses related to the use of the prizes, which are the sole responsibility of the Winners.
In the event of non-compliance by any Winner of any T&C in relation to prizes, or if any prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable by 30 Sep 2011, or if any Winners cannot be reached via the contact information provided during registration, or if any Participant in any winning Team pulls out 1 month before the trip or is unable to make it for the trip (for any reason), the Sponsors reserve the right to select an alternate Team as Winner in place of the former and reserve the right to seek damages against the original Winner announced at The “CREATE TOMORROW” CHALLENGE 2011 Finale on 30 Sep 2011.
Upon accepting any prize, all Winners must sign a contract with the Sponsors to be ambassadors of The “CREATE TOMORROW” CHALLENGE 2011 contest as well as upcoming Create Tomorrow contests in 2012.
The Winners and their teachers who guided the Winners for the Contest will be required to participate in post-finale promotional activities including blogging and any related publicity activities related to The “CREATE TOMORROW” CHALLENGE 2011 and The “CREATE TOMORROW” CHALLENGE 2012 contests from 30 Sep 2011 to 31 Dec 2012.
By participating and accepting a prize, each Winner grants unconditionally to the Organisers and each Sponsor and those acting pursuant to the authority of such Organisers/Sponsors, the irrevocable right to print, publish, display, broadcast, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including, but not limited to, the World Wide Web and the Internet, at any time, the Winner’s name and logos, and the name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, and biographical information of each Participant forming part of the Winner, as news, information and for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation or review.
Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Organisers and Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
DISCLAIMER ON WARRANTY & LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
EACH OF THE ORGANIZERS AND SPONSORS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE QUALITY OR SUITABILITY OF ANY PRIZE, WHETHER JOINTLY NOR SEVERALLY.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, EACH PARTICIPANT/TEAM AGREES THAT THE ORGANIZERS AND SPONSORS, THEIR SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY THE PARTICIPANT/TEAM FOR ANY KIND OF CLAIM, LIABILITY, PROCEEDING, OR CAUSE OF ACTION FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO ANY PERSON(S), INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION PROPERTY, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM:
- THE DELIVERY, ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE; NOR
- PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST, OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST- OR PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY.
FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, NOTHING HEREIN EXCLUDES OR LIMITS LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM NEGLIGENCE, FRAUD OR WILFUL MISCONDUCT ON THE PART OF THE ORGANIZERS AND/OR SPONSORS.
If for any reason the Contest cannot be conducted or continued as planned, including without limitation reasons like infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, technical failures, human error or any other cause beyond the control of the Organisers and/or any Sponsors, and that corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, or integrity of the Contest, the Organisers and Sponsors reserve the right in their absolute discretion, to disqualify any Participant and/or Team who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Organisers and Sponsors reserve absolute discretion to modify the Contest and/or reschedule any event mentioned in these T&Cs but will give reasonable advance notice to all persons, Participants and Teams affected by such rescheduling.
The Organisers and Sponsors assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, late, incomplete, invalid, illegible or misdirected submissions or claims; for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions; or for technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to electronic malfunctioning of any network, hardware, or software or electronic or human error which may occur in the transmission of any information related to this promotion or in the processing of claims.
The Contest and these T&C are governed by Singapore law. Disputes shall be resolved under the jurisdiction of the Singapore Courts.